NOTE: Clark Planetarium does not formally sponsor any of these clubs. These links are provided as a service to our patrons.
- Salt Lake Astronomical Society
- Ogden Astronomical Society
- University of Utah Astronomical Society
- Utah Valley Astronomy Association
- St. George Astronomy Group
- Cache Valley Astronomical Society
- BYU Astronomical Society
- Cedar City’s Southern Utah Astronomy Club (email)
- Southern Utah Astronomical Society (email or 435-229-1633)
A FEW WORDS ABOUT STAR PARTIES
Public star parties are very informal events where astronomy club members bring their telescopes to a particular site and invite the public to have a look at whatever might be “up there.” Clark Planetarium acknowledges and appreciates the free, public events sponsored by these groups. Please see their respective sites for star party schedules. Star parties are especially well suited for those who are trying to decide what sort of telescope to buy and for those who may have recently acquired a telescope and want to learn how to use it. However, the largest segment of the those attending are those who just want to see, up close and personal, the wonders of the universe. Astronomy club members wishing to know the locations of the private star parties should consult their club newsletter or ask a club officer.