Boy Scout Astronomy Merit Badge
Tickets for each Boy Scout Astronomy Merit Badge Workshop are available for purchase two and a half months before the workshop date. Tickets may be purchased at the Clark Planetarium or online (Clark Planetarium charges a $1.00 per ticket service fee for tickets purchased online).
- NOTE: THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES FOR UNUSED TICKETS!
- If you find that you cannot use the tickets you have purchased, we recommend contacting other troops in your area to see if they have interest in them. Clark Planetarium cannot assist in this process.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Astronomy Merit Badge Workshop Schedule:
- 9:15 a.m. Planetarium doors open
- 9:30 a.m. Scouts pick up worksheets and work on four of the requirements (3 a, b, 7 d, and 9 a) in exhibit areas
- 10:00 a.m. Program begins in Digital Dome Theatre (scouts will work to complete the remaining requirements in the Theatre)
- 12:15 p.m. Theatre program ends
- 12:15 – 12:45 p.m. Review of individual worksheets by planetarium merit badge counselors and signing of merit badge cards
Please read the following before proceeding:
- If you have spam blockers on your email, you may not receive your tickets. Please allow emails from ‘Clark Planetarium online sales.’
- Clark Planetarium charges a $1.00 per ticket service fee for tickets purchased online. This fee is included in the price of the ticket(s) you select.
- At the conclusion of your transaction you will see a receipt page containing a confirmation number. Please print this page, or write down the confirmation number, and bring it with you.
- Clark Planetarium online tickets are sent to you as a printable PDF (Portable Document Format) attachment to an email message.
- You must have a valid email account, PDF viewing software and a working printer connected to your computer in order to purchase and print your tickets.
- You will be printing one ticket per page of paper in your printer.
- Most computers have PDF viewing software pre-installed on them. If you do not have a PDF viewer, we recommend the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software, available for download by clicking here.
- The tickets you print can be taken directly to the entrance of the theater you plan to attend. There is no need to go to the cashier once you have printed your tickets.
- The email address you give us is when you purchase tickets is the email address to which your tickets will be sent.
- If you wish to send the tickets to someone else you can forward the email message containing the PDF tickets document to another email address.
- Clark Planetarium is a Division of Salt Lake County Government. Salt Lake County will not share, sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to a third party, unless this action is required by law.
- When you buy tickets online with Clark Planetarium your email address will automatically be added to our distribution list for Clark Planetarium news, events and special offers.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, simply reply to the first email message you receive from the planetarium with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for tickets purchased online. Please do not lose them!
- In the extremely unlikely event that for some reason your tickets were not emailed to you, we can confirm your ticket purchase at the cashiers’ desk. This will take extra time, however, so please come early if you need assistance.
- If you encounter a problem while printing the PDF ticket(s), you can reprint them once you have solved your computer/printer troubles.
- You can reprint your tickets as many times as you want, but the unique barcode on each ticket can only be used once.
Please use our Contact Form for any comments/questions/concerns.
Buy Boy Scout Astronomy Merit Badge Tickets