Clark Planetarium’s space exploration-themed building is a unique and spacious facility capable of entertaining up to 800 guests. With the ATK IMAX 3D Theatre, Hansen Dome Theatre, classroom and 10,000 square feet of exhibits, the planetarium is your choice for out-of-this-world events.
Browse our rental options below or contact our Events Coordinator, Carl Malaret for additional information.
ATK IMAX Theatre
With a 70′ wide, 5-story high screen and seating for 288, your guests will be launched into space while viewing a 3D IMAX film. The ATK IMAX Theatre at Clark Planetarium features a 14,000-watt, 6-channel, digital surround sound system for an auditory experience second to none. Most of the speakers are positioned behind the five-story high screen, which is perforated with millions of tiny holes. In this way, sound can come at the audience from the film itself. Clark Planetarium offers a wide selection of films to meet the needs of any group.
ATK IMAX Theatre Documentary Shows
- Capacity: 288
- Sunday thru Friday before 4 p.m. cost: $1,200 per show
- Sunday thru Friday after 4 p.m. cost: $1,500 per show
- Saturday before 4 p.m. cost: $1,500 per show
- Any day before 12 p.m. cost: $1,000 per show
Hansen Dome Theatre
The Hansen Dome Theatre houses a 55-foot, 205-seat planetarium with a state-of-the-art Digistar 3 projection system, manufactured by Utah-based Evans and Sutherland Computer Corp. Digistar 3 uses six high-definition video projectors at the base of the dome to display a larger-than-life seamless image, without additional display equipment, and without a projection area in the middle of the theater. Each seat features individual control paddles, enabling the audience to interact with certain shows directly. A small staging area at the front of the theatre can be used for live presentations and special events.
- Capacity: 205
- $600 per hour (Sun-Thur)
- $1,000 per hour (Friday, Saturday)
3rd Floor Exhibit Space
Enjoy your next event among the planets. The 3rd floor exhibit area offers an open space on the third floor separated from the rest of the Planetarium. There is plenty of open space for wedding receptions, business meetings, parties and reunions. Interactive exhibits are spread throughout the area to make any event fun and educational. The 3rd floor exhibit area also serves as the entrance to the Hansen Dome Theatre.
- Capacity: Dinnner-180, Reception-225
- $750 two-hour period (Sun-Thur)
- $1,500 two-hour period (Friday, Saturday)
Small Exhibit Space
Enjoy your next event on the Moon or explore the red planet, Mars. The small exhibit area also provides the opportunity for you to be a weatherperson or see a Moon rock brought back from the Apollo 15 mission. The small exhibit space is an ideal location for smaller groups looking for a unique venue to hold a dinner or reception.
- Capacity: Dinner-80, Reception-100
- $500 two-hour period (Sun-Thur)
- $1,000 two-hour period (Friday, Saturday)
First Floor Exhibit Space
The first floor exhibit stage is an ideal location for smaller groups looking for a unique venue to hold a dinner or reception. Groups will enjoy photos from the Hubble Space Telescope as well as the hands-on exhibits on the first floor.
- Capacity: Dinner 80, Reception 125
- $250 per hour (Sunday – Thursday)
- $500 per hour (Friday evening and Saturday)
- Capacity: 40
- $75 per 90 minutes, Monday -Thursday
- $125 per 90 minutes, Weekend (Friday – Sunday)
Full Building with IMAX Theatre (capacity 900 people)
A full building rental includes your choice of three Dome Theatre and two IMAX documentary shows. The building is closed to the public during the event so you can enjoy all that the Planetarium has to offer including the 10,000 square feet of hands-on, brains-on exhibits. The Guest Relations staff will be on hand to assist you with anything you might need
- Sunday thru Friday before 4 p.m. cost: $6,000 per 4 hour block
- Sunday thru Thursday evening cost: $8,000 per 4 hour block
- Friday night and all day Saturday cost: $9,000 per 4 hour block
Full Building without IMAX Theatre
- Sunday thru Thursday cost: $4,000 per 4 hour block
- Friday night and all day Saturday cost: $5,000 per 4 hour block
Early Morning Rates Hours: 7:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Hold your breakfast meeting or small reception in the Main Lobby before taking in a show or making a presentation in the Dome or IMAX theatre. Greet the people in your group as they walk through the front door and enjoy the exhibits on the main level before anyone else arrives at the Planetarium. The Main Lobby is only available to rent before the Planetarium opens to the public.
- Dome Theatre $300 per hour.
- IMAX Theatre $300 per hour. NOTE:These prices are available in the mornings and do not include films.
Approved Catering List
An Exquisite Affair: Susan Stutchbury, 801-278-7341
Copper Grill: Sadie Ophar, 801-375-1115
Cuisine Unlimited: Maxine Turner or Kim Land, 801-268-2332
Culinary Crafts: Mary Craft or Rachel Nasse Heimer, 801-355-6575
Le Croissant: Kelly Lake, 801-466-2537
Have Party Will Travel: 801-269-8400
Premier Event Services: Janice Boes, 801-598-4444 or Danielle Zaug, 801-647-4060
To check available dates or to schedule an event contact:
Special Events Coordinator
Please use our Contact Form for more information.