Join the Clark Planetarium and the Salt Lake City Public Library for Light Speed Lectures!
This engaging, fast-paced event includes five experts offering 15-minute lectures on the following topics:
- Bonnie Baxter, PhD: Extremophiles
- Robert Davies, PhD: Climate Change
- Twila Schneider: NASA’s Space Launch System
- Anil Seth, PhD: Astronomy
- Butch Wilmore, NASA Astronaut
Schedule of Events
- 6pm: Refreshments
- 6:15: Lectures begin
- 7:15: Keynote Lecture by Butch Wilmore
- 8:00: A Beautiful Planet 3D screening
How it Works
Five lecture stations will be set up in the Clark Planetarium and each audience member will choose a lecture station. After 15 minutes, you’ll move to another lecture station of your choice. There will be enough time to view three of the five lectures.
Following the lectures, join us for a screening of A Beautiful Planet 3D in the Orbital ATK IMAX theatre beginning at 8pm
This event is free and open to the public. Space is limited; registration required.
This event is in conjunction with The City Library’s Explore Space exhibit, on display at the Glendale Branch, 1375 South Concord Street, from June 18-August 15.
Explore Space: A Cosmic Journey, a traveling exhibition for libraries, is part of the STAR Library Education Network (STAR_Net) led by the National Center for Interactive Learning at the Space Science Institute. Exhibit partners include the American Library Association, the Lunar and Planetary Institute, and Afterschool Alliance. Explore Space is supported through a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Clark Planetarium – 110 South 400 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BUT THE EVENT IS FREE. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.