Looking for a quality, safe and affordable summer experience for your children? Look no further. Clark Planetarium and Discovery Gateway have partnered to offer you a great value for your child’s summer camp experience.
Our new Summer Science Adventure Camps give kids hands-on training that will inspire teamwork, creativity and innovation. Campers will be challenged to see the world differently whether it is looking at something a thousand times smaller than the diameter of a human hair, or larger than galaxies in the universe. The three day camp experience will be jam packed with activities, games, and fun filled experiences that you will cherish for years to come.
What will be offered?
Adventure begins with Clark Planetarium’s Space Adventure Workshop. Campers will be familiarized with astronomy, rocket propulsion and planetary exploration. Campers will also participate in the Great Balloon Rocket Race, build launch straw rockets and leave with their own UV detection bracelet. Then, the adventure continues at Discovery Gateway where campers will become official Discovery Gateway Curious Science Investigators. As a CSI, kids investigate the basics of chemistry, learn to ask scientific questions and conduct their own scientific experiments. Campers will learn the mysteries of M & M’s, identify colorful crystals and experiment with chemical change.
What your child will take home:
- Summer Science Adventure T-shirt
- UV bracelet
- Straw rocket and Bernoulli blower
- Science in Action Lab worksheets
- “Let’s review” sheets
- “Think about it” take home sheets
- CSI lab folder and pen
- Certificate of completion
Why are we different?
1. We have fun down to a science. We strive to promote education in a fun and entertaining environment. With the partnership of Clark Planetarium and Discovery Gateway Children’s museum your children will get to explore over 50,000 square feet of exhibit space.
2. We are exclusive. We only allow 20 participants per camp session to provide our campers with as much one-on-one attention as possible.
3. Our education staff loves what they are teaching. Our camp activities are planned, conducted, and supervised by veteran educators trained in space and science education.
Camps are being held June 29 – July 1, 2010 (3-4 grades) and July 13 – July 15, 2010 (5-6 grades). Sessions will be from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Morning drop off (8:30 am): Clark Planetarium. 110 S. 400 W. SLC UT
- Afternoon pick up (4:30 pm): Across the street at Discovery Gateway 100 S. 444 W. SLC UT
$195 per session (15% discount for members of Clark Planetarium or Discovery Gateway).
To register call 801.456.4979