An integral piece of the Clark Planetarium production model relies heavily on the management of fulfilling requests from institutions acrpss the world for digital content we develop. If you enjoy working in a dynamic team environment and love all things tech, this is a position where you could thrive.
The Show Distribution Assistant is a part-time position designed to assist Clark Planetarium Productions with the distribution of our digital shows and content. Responsibilities include working with our Show Distribution Specialist regarding show information, technical specifications, exhibition agreements and promotional materials. The chosen applicant will process and ship fulldome video content requests, help maintain and organize existing customer sales information through detailed record keeping.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Skills in audio and video editing and transcoding, graphics and graphic manipulationStrong organizational skills
- Desktop computer skills with ability to learn new software packages in a timely fashion
- Data management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. This includes the ability to convey technical information in layman terms
- Outstanding interpersonal and professional relations skills
- Ability to work effectively in a creative team environment and under strict deadline requirements.
- Ability to think objectively and logically
- Ability to work independently
Minimum of one (1) year experience in computer arts, media, database management or other related field.
Sound like you? Send a letter and resume to:
Mike Murray, Programs Manager
110 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Position Title: Show Distribution Assistant 19 – 21
Salary: $9.70 hourly (starting)
Job Type: Part-Time, average 20 hours/week
Location: Clark Planetarium
Department: Salt Lake County Community Services